The Lambda Scholarship Foundation is a Canadian registered charity.
Lambda aims to:
- create graduate and undergraduate university scholarships to further research pertaining to Two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, plus (2SLGBTQ+) and queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of colour (QTBIPOC) studies
- advance education that fights against oppression and discrimination
- mobilize knowledge across academic and non-academic communities
- support 2SLGBTQ+ including QTBIPOC in their academic pursuits through establishing networking opportunities in academic and non-academic settings.
Nicole LaViolette and Julie Audet, authors of L’essentiel du droit de la famille dans les provinces et territoires de common law au Canada (Éditions Yvon Blais: Montréal, 2014 – a textbook about Family Law for Common Law which is now used in law schools in numerous Canadian provinces – have arranged to donate all of the royalties from theirContinue reading “Thank you to Julie Audet for the donation!”
– Do you want to join Lambda’s Board? – Are you interested in offering your assistance as a volunteer? If you have answered “YES!” to any of these questions, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking to fill two vacancies on the Board (members at large). We are also interested inContinue reading “Volunteers & Board Members Wanted!!”
Congratulations to our recent winnerS – yes, more than one! Lambda would like to extend congratulations to Mackenzie Costello and Elizabeth Stewart. These distinguished young writers earned the Candis Graham Writing Scholarship from the University of Victoria in 2020 and 2019 respectively. We are also pleased to announce that Alicia Adamski won the Lambda FoundationContinue reading “Congrats to Mackenzie Costello, Elizabeth Stewart, & Alicia Adamski”
Help build and sustain knowledge, education, and leadership in 2SLGBTQ including QTBIPOC issues and studies.
Donations in any amount are welcome.