Lambda Scholarship Foundation Canada, a non-profit LGBTI foundation, is looking for a committed and energetic team player to lead our fundraising efforts. S/he/they will engage in personal outreach to individual, corporate and group donors as well as organize fundraising events. This position would be ideal for a recent graduate with a degree or diploma in marketing, business or communications and some experience in fundraising; a more experienced fundraiser with volunteer time to spare; or a retired person with recent experience in the field. The successful candidate must join Lambda (no fee) as an active and involved member.
Requirements for applicants:
- Knowledge and strong interest in fundraising.
- Ability to present fundraising ideas to the Board, including initial budget requirements
- Strong interpersonal, writing and social media skills in English; the same facility in French a definite asset.
- Willing to consider joining the Board of Directors after a trial period as a volunteer
- Commitment to Lambda’s goals: building student bursaries for LGBTI students, endowments for LGBTI research at Canadian universities and high school LGBTI leadership awards.
NOTE: Lambda Scholarship Foundation Canada welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, Two-Spirited identity, racial or ethnic background, religion, class, or (dis)ability. For legal reasons to do with federal regulations for non-profit, charitable organizations, applicants must be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada, aged 21 or over, without a criminal record.
Please apply to Barbara Freeman, President, Lambda Foundation email@example.com