Please help us build and sustain knowledge, education, and leadership among 2SLGBTQ+ (Two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, plus) and QTBIPOC (queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of colour) students and scholars.
The Lambda Scholarship Foundation’s charity number is 862758448 RR0001.
Donate by cheque
Send your donation with your return address to:
c/o Tuan Vu
3200 Rue Jean-Béraud
Specific awards can be designated on the memo line next to your signature.
6 Ways to Help Build Lambda Scholarships
- Donate online to the Lambda Foundation through CanadaHelps.org. You may designate a specific Lambda fund on the drop-down menu.
- Write a cheque to Lambda Foundation and receive a tax receipt for amounts of $35 up. Specific awards can be designated on the memo line next to your signature. Send your donation with your return address to:
Lambda Foundation, c/o Tuan Vu,
#6 – 3239 Edouard Montpetit Blvd.
- Fund one year of an established or new Lambda scholarship by donating $1000-$5000.
- Pool resources with ten friends and establish a new scholarship or award as a group gift! (This is how Carleton University’s Lambda Foundation Award was established in honour of Gary Sealey).
- Anniversary parties and birthdays are fantastic opportunities to make a big difference for community non-profits. Use social media tools on CanadaHelps or Facebook to ask your well-wishers to make donations as gifts!
- Set up a funding drive at your local university or high school! Lambda will help you get matching provincial funding whenever possible!
Ways Lambda Can Help You Start a Legacy Funding Program:
- Make a major gift of $20,000 or more for a Lambda Scholarship or Award. It’s a great way to commemorate the memory of a loved one or worthy 2SLGBTQ+ advocate.
- Consider establishing a Legacy Gift for Lambda in your will. This will qualify you for special tax advantages while also helping Lambda establish awards and opportunities for 2SLGBTQ+/QTBIPoC students.
- Purchase a specific insurance policy for Lambda. We will use it to set up a scholarship fund at a participating university and you will benefit from immediate, annual tax credits during your lifetime.